Service Technician II
(Full Time )
Duluth Cleaning Contractors has an immediate opening for a Service Technician II. This is a full-time hourly position. The Service Tecnician II typically works Monday through Friday, occasional weekends possible. Must have a valid Driver's License to qualify for position. Will be commuting with company vehicle.
Starting pay - $17.00 - Paid Time Off, Short Term Disability, Basic Life Insurance, Simple IRA Retirement, Health and Dental.
Shift: Days may vary between Monday through Friday 8am – 5pm (occasional weekends)
Service Technician II
Service Repair Technician II works to ensure that all company equipment, vehicles, and tools are in good working condition. Applicant must be able to troubleshoot and repair a wide variety of equipment in-house or in a field environment. Other duties are performing scheduled/planned maintenance, supervising, training service technician assistant, performance reviews.
- Must have working knowledge of troubleshooting, diagnosing and repairing floor care equipment, auto scrubbers, vacuums and electrical systems.
- Must have working knowledge of troubleshooting, diagnosing and repairing small engines and the equipment they are attached to such as floor burnishing equipment.
- Inspects drives, motors, belts, checks fluid levels, replaces filters, and performs other maintenance actions using checklists.
- Assemble, install or repair wiring, electric and electronic components.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram..
- Picks-up and delivers equipment or repairs on-site using company provided vehicle and/or trailer.
- Occasionally provides training on the safe use and maintenance of floor cleaning equipment.
- Follows all applicable safety guidelines and policies.
- Follows-up and tracks all open work orders, repair response time until they are closed.
- Maintains service van and parts inventories.
- Processes paperwork upon completion of each repair performed.
- Maintains professional appearance and attitude.
- Treats all customers, both internal and external, with respect and courtesy.
- Delivers excellent customer service to internal and external customers.
- Courteous and safe driver (must have clean driving record).
Service Technician II will work outdoors year-round performing grounds keeping tasks. Additionally, will experience moderate physical exertion while performing repairs, and while pushing, carrying, or moving tools, equipment, or supplies. Will work in environments where potentially hazardous chemicals are stored and used. Will be required to participate in safety training covering chemical hazards and equipment safety, and will be required to demonstrate the ability to use safety equipment to protect themselves from exposure or injury.
Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance.
- Mechanical and electrical aptitude.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Education: H.S. diploma or equivalent.
- One or two year certificate from college or technical school in small engine repair, auto repair or industrial machine repair.
- 3 or more years experience as a mechanic in small engines, auto repair or industrial machine repair.
- Valid driver’s license with good driving record.
- Frequently and safely lift/move at least 75 pounds and occasionally lift more than 100 pounds.
- Able to handle physical work.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
Duluth Cleaning Contractors is a fast-paced, growing business that is looking for the right people to join its Team. We have been in business for over 30 years and have become a leader in the industry. Dependable, Positive and Team Orientated people are a must!
Job Type: full-time
Duluth Cleaning Contractors is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Vets/Disabled
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Duluth Cleaning Contractors, LLC
We offer our employees the opportunity to do their best work, to be challenged, and to achieve. We have a casual and friendly culture based on positive and professional relationships among employees and managers. Additionally, we provide our employees with effective training that prepares them to work successfully and safely.
We know that people are looking for long-term, stable work. Duluth Cleaning Contractors has many employees who have worked for us for over 10 years. Our employees enjoy consistent schedules that provide year-round work. We also have opportunities for career growth and development. We believe we employee the best people and we look them first for our future leaders.
Duluth Cleaning Contractors offers eligible employees valuable benefits that enrich their personal and professional lives:
- Paid Time Off
- Bonus Program
- Simple IRA - this is a retirement account and we match employee contributions.
- Annual performance reviews and pay increases - work hard, meet our standards, and you'll be rewarded.
- Short Term Disability
- Life Insurance
- Health and Dental Plan
Company Website: www.duluthcleaning.com
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)